Next Post

Next Post
-I have to postpone these items until after I finish my video-

My next post will provide more information about how to correctly draw perspective views, with examples of two point and one point perspectives.

I also plan to give a brief overview of the types of materials that are typically used to create on-site sketches.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Views from Manette

The Manette Bridge is an 80 year old steel truss bridge that is being replaced with a concrete bridge.
Construction is expected to be completed in November.

I began working on this series of sketches shortly after completing the UW Urban Sketching class to continue practicing the skills that I had learned during the class.  One important concept that I learned is to sketch on a regular basis.  As a general rule, similar to almost any hobby or profession, the more you sketch, the better you are able to produce good results.

Pen and Ink - February 11, 2011
Pen and Ink and Watercolor - May 4, 2011



Video/Photo Page Link







                 

1 comment: